September Calendar
Thursday 9/6 - Picture Day/Dress Uniform
Saturday 9/15 Day of Service, More Info to Come: Registration Link
Saturday 9/15 Day of Service, More Info to Come: Registration Link
Monday 9/24 - Gr.K-4 Back to School Night, 5:30 PM
WELCOME to the 2018-2019 School Year!
Our opening week of school has been fabulous! The teachers and girls have been busy getting to know each other. We look forward to a wonderful year together as we continue to make discoveries about ourselves, each other, and the wider school community. Throughout September, blogs will feature first grade specialty faculty and a peek at their lessons with the girls.
MEET the TEACHERS: First Grade & Learning Commons
Ms. Belle Akers
Dear Families,
I am so excited to embark on a new school year with your daughters celebrating the theme "Cultivating Robust Vulnerability"! This summer I expanded my horizons by teaching the Rising 4th Graders for 3 weeks in July. I was curious about my former students and wanted to connect with the first class (2015) with which I had implemented STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) challenges. I thoroughly enjoyed watching how easily they tackled projects with enthusiasm and adept problem-solving skills. It was a very rewarding experience.
I am looking forward to welcoming our new first graders! I love being a part of their learning experiences. A favorite poster above our daily schedule invites the girls to join in: "Make Today the Day to Learn Something New".
I am looking forward to welcoming our new first graders! I love being a part of their learning experiences. A favorite poster above our daily schedule invites the girls to join in: "Make Today the Day to Learn Something New".
| Comprehension Strategies: Main Idea & Details Word Study: Stretching Short Vowel Sounds |
Ms. Chelsey Paulsen
I am a San Francisco native and enjoy hiking, dancing, and the theatre arts. I am looking forward to a wonderful year watching your daughters learn, grow, and succeed!
| Math Graph: Meet My Family Conferring During Writing Workshop |
Mrs. Amanda Walker & Ms. Kathleen Esling in the Learning Commons
The Hoffman Learning Commons is abuzz with life, learning, and love of books! We are thrilled for the weekly opportunity to welcome your girls into our space, and to accompany them on their journeys into text, and with the requisite robust vulnerability, into the lives of others.
Amanda Walker is the Library Department Chair, and lower form librarian for Convent and Stuart Hall. She is also an alumna of CES, and as a proud parent of a 1st grade boy.
Kathleen Esling is the middle form librarian. This year, she is teaching English IV: World Literature for students in twelfth grade at Convent High School. Kathleen is looking forward to another great year sharing books with students of all ages at Convent and Stuart Hall. She is also a favorite guest reader at our first grade All Day Read days.
Kathleen Esling is the middle form librarian. This year, she is teaching English IV: World Literature for students in twelfth grade at Convent High School. Kathleen is looking forward to another great year sharing books with students of all ages at Convent and Stuart Hall. She is also a favorite guest reader at our first grade All Day Read days.
| Learning Commons Weekly Visit on Tuesdays: Classes Alternate with Lessons & Book Check Out Passing Out Bookmarks |
Checking Out Books |
Ms. Kathleen Esling Ready to Teach Class![]() |
| Finding Our Favorite Elephant & Piggy Books Cozy Reading Spaces |


Great pics Miss Belle! Thanks for sharing....Cheers, Marisa :)
ReplyDelete